HOW TO GET 2009 STIMULUS OBAMA GRANT MONEY

Now that the largest Obama stimulus package in the history of the United States has been passed, where do you go to get some money? Maybe the question should be are you going to be getting some free stimulus money? Will we all get a stimulus check or a stimulus rebate like a year ago when everyone got $600.00 sent to them by the US goverment?

Most of the money is not going to go to you and me. There are some new tax breaks and because of this your checks may get a little bit bigger in the coming months. But not a lot bigger, just $10 to $20 or so. If you are on food stamps you will get a little more in stamps and if you are on unemployment you will get about $25 more and be able to get them longer.

If you are newly unemployed you will be glad to know that health insurance through COBRA will last longer and the government will pay for more of it. Police forces will get money to hire more policemen.

The rest of the Obama stimulus money will go to schools, the enviroment, paving roads and other things like that where you will not directly benefit. Obama US government grants will be the only way to try to get more of this money if you want it. This massive give away of all this money is going to be paid for by our children and maybe even their grandchildren in the form of higher taxes.

There is a ton of free Obama money going everywhere with this bill and if you are smart and can figure it out, there are ways I’m sure to get some of it. Unfortunately, there will be no new US government grants because of this bill. There will be the usual grants available but nothing new from the 2009 stimulus. If you want to profit and get some of the stimulus money, you will probably have to get one of the new green jobs to save the environment or some other jobs that has been created as a result of this bill.

103 Comments

1. darcy quintanilla says:

I am a mother of 5 and currently going to school to get a better education and to better the lives of my five daughters. My youngest is 1 1/2 months and my oldest is 8 yrs. I could realy use this money to further my education and to make a better life for my children.

darcy quintanilla

2. Sophia says:

I am a woman with no children, 25 years old. I am in and out of school learning all sorts of trades to have a good career and it is hard to find a job, to get assistabce on buying my first car, first home and its all because I don’t have any children. I pay taxes every year by being self-employed and working at temporay jobs. I could really use the money to buy my a car, buy a laptop to take some online courses, pay for school tuition and personal needs!!!!

Ms Powers

3. KC says:

It is unbelievable that we have voted a Socialist into the White
    House. Where is the american spirit? Where is the entreprenuer
    spirit? Why do we have a bunch of lazy citizens with their hands out always? Why does he want to get rid of Clinton’s welfare reform act?
    Why do we want to become like France? We have a whole generation
    of idle welfare imbeciles who have ingested too much kool-aid.
    This is a failed generation from a failed education system.
    Our government has failed us. This is a sad day in America.

4. JJ says:

KC.
    Why not shut your damn mouth!!!! I take it you are one of the upper class Americans who benefited from the Bush Administrations lies and deceit towards the American public. And considering your mentality I wouldn’t be surprised if your grandparents opposed FDR’s New Deal which got us out of the great depression. It took another Republican to almost put us back into a depression and another democrat to pull us out.
    This grant money will be going towards much needed research. Not the panhandlers you see on the streets.

What’s sad is that we previously voted a mass murderer into the white house. How many people dies during Bush’s term (and I’m not even counting the WTC tragic deaths because they weren’t his fault)???

Don’t be so quick to judge this stimulus package or Obama until you see it through. The only good thing Bush did four our country was the No Child Left Behind Act, and even that has failed.

5. Thill says:

JJ.(Dumb ASS) The previous President Bush is a mass murderer? Oh, I thought he was the ONLY President to do anything about the Islamist Extremist threat, I fully understand now. 9/11 was all a hoax, yah that makes sooo much sense, its interesting that all the civilians who died are quickly forgotten once it effects our wallets. This stimulus package is a joke, once the Obama administration pays for every thing they can tell them what to do, much like our public schools. I hope you all realize that this money is not free, Obama is going to cut military funds and supplies, He alone has the power to move troops where ever he wants and he claims that he is against this war yet he does not pull our troops out. He is cutting taxes for 95% of Americans yet only 73% of Americans pay taxes. When the Gvernment releases more money isn’t that inflation? When the Government chooses what you can and cannot do in your own business isn’t that a Dictatorship? I truly hope our leader wants the best for our country but so far it seems like he’s breaking us… from the inside out.

6. Bill says:

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” – Alexander Tytler

7. emanuel rackard says:

I am a high school student in need of money because my parents can not offord to send me to college but, with out money I won’t be able to go to college to become the best man that I want to become.

8. Roselyn says:

i need a grant to open my own business to help the economy because the are a lot people no jobs like me and if i do my own busness . i can help then too. tell me what i have to do to find a free grants to started could somebody help me thanks.

att. Roselyn figueroa
    rfigueroa5@aol.com
    407-625-0196

9. ssgtseal says:

JJ

Obama is a lying bastard of a man, with no moral values, for sale to the highest bidder and no loyalty whatsoever to this country, which he is slowly but most surely tearing apart. And now he’s my commander in chief. For the first time ever, it sucks to be in the military…. I hope he’s impeached and the Democratic party is kicked out of Washington all together before it’s too late..

10. I wish for once ,someone with enough pull could help the little people I work every day and never have enough money to bye food to last a week . All I need is a grant to help me get by daycare off the ground ,but it seems to me the rich get richer and the rest of us are not even worth the tought , if anyone can help the little people please ( HELP )

11. Dave says:

The rich are not getting richer. Have you been paying attention? EVERYONE is losing their shirt. Stop being envious of others.

12. Karyn, injured on job says:

While it is true that many are merely wanting something for nothing,& therfore are a drain on the system, there are those of us who a)have been injured on the job, & b)after extensive physicaltherapy,& c)vocational rehab provided classes & d)struggling by with the pittance Workman’s Comp oh, so generously provides (after decades of back-breaking labor) could use a break from the Federal Gov’t. Nothing in my experience thus far indicates I will get one, however, so as usual I reckon I’ll have to figure out how to make it on my own. This msg may post twice, the first one had a “comment awaiting moderation” msg attachment under ny name, so I toned it down a bit, maybe it’ll post both ways? Also, it is NOT 9:02 p.m. here, it is 2:30 p.m. What’s up with THAT?

13. Thill says:

Does no one worry about where the money is coming from? Obama says tax breaks, which means the money is being printed, that’s inflation. Unless the majority of our taxes are paying off the stimulus, which means we are funding less money to Schools, Military, Hospitals, OUR $3TRILLION+ DEBT! This is rediculous! China has recently been building up their military, isn’t it at all possible that they may be preparing to invade us when they call us on our debt and we can’t pay? Too bad our military funding is being cut so when they do invade we are unprepared. Times are tough, stop looking for hand outs and work harder, we will make it through this!

14. ES says:

IF YOU THINK THINGS ARE BAD ENOUGH NOW, GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

RE: Obama Signs Presidential Determination Allowing Palestinians Loyal to Hamas to Resettle in US

Here is yet another unilateral action taken by our new President, for which we must rely upon the information of friends to discover. I wonder how the “Jewish” block of Democratic voters now feels about their choice for President.

Try and tell the American people that Obama doesn’t have ties to the Islamic terrorist world. Obama funds $20M tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA

This is the news that didn’t make the headlines…

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in migration assistance to the Palestinian refugees and conflict victims in Gaza. The “presidential determination” which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4.

Few on Capitol Hill took note that the order provides a free ticket to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

A review of Barack Obama’s most recent actions since he was inaugurated:

His first call to any head of state as president was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory. His first one-on-one interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television. He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of detainees halted. He ordered all overseas CIA interrogation centers closed. He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and 9/11. Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to and live in the US at American taxpayer expense.

To verify for yourself: http://www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488

15. Heather says:

We voted for change…out constitution has been twisted and contorted since the 60s and probably before that. Though change is what we are getting it is not what was anticipated….Obama supporters – stop trying to be “right” I voted for him too…but look at the long term effects of these actions on our country and our rights! Times are hard for many people right now…I am right in the middle of it, but I know from a life time of experiences as you should as well, Quick fixes have much harder consequences. Stop thinking about the here and now and think about your children and theirs… it is time for the American people to remember what it means to be American and start acting like those before us that fought for the rights we do have so that we can continue to enjoy them in the future. Freedom has its price there are pros and cons to everything…don’t let the Obama administration contort reality and sell you ideas that their consequences outweigh the problem they will solve…use common sense and your brain!

16. CLW says:

HELLO I am so tired of everyone blaming this president or that president for the condition of our country. How much power does a president actually have? Am I the only person that can remember high school government class where you begin to learn the basic principles. We have an entire sytem set up that ensures no president can really do anything without the other branches of the government monitoring and approving. I see people run their mouths but what are any of them actually doing! You never here anyone saying THE CONGRESS put us in this condition DO YOU

17. K.E. says:

BUSH was a mass murderer???? Obama approves of abortion which is currently the cause of over 1 million murders a year in America alone. That’s genocide.

18. James Bond says:

WOW! Maybe most of the people who have posted on this subjuect should use the grant money towards a better education because 99% of you in here, whether you are adults or not, have a lot of grammatical errors in your responses. I am 16 years old right now, and a Senior Editor at YAHOO.com, obviously children these days are much smarter than the adults, because you in here who say you are a parent of 5 or 25 yrs old and no kids or w/e, you need this money to go back to Eng 1 in High School, not to open your own business that is going to go in the shitter 2 weeks after you start it, it is not easy to start your own successful business, so wait until this financial epidemic cools down in about 6-18 months, then go for your own business, but right now is just stupid and a waste of this money that Obama is giving away, frankly I do not care who is in office, I do not really follow politics, I told my parents to vote for Al Gore in 2000 and they did, and I wanted John Kerry to win in ’04, but it does not really matter, every President does the same thing, they promise that the grass wil be greener on the other side if you vote for them, just like your 5th grade class President did when you were in Grade school, he/she promised cool snacks and free chocolate milk everyday for lunch but in the end it was a load of BS and it happens all the time whenever the election happens.

19. Marge McLeon says:

I have so enjoyed reading these posts. I see that I seem to be the only one who read the article before this one that said that there was no Obama grant money. Belief or disbelief is becoming an equal event. Like most here, I would love a grant too. I am as hard up as anyone and I have to sell my house, along with other problems. Yet, I’m reading and hearing that in order to even find out about grants there’s a charge of about $50.00 per month to find out which grant I even might be qualified for. If I can bearly afford to pay my bills every month, where the heck can I find $50.00 a month to pay for information about a grant I might not get. That makes great sense.

I’ve also read about how to make money. Yeah, right. Did you know that people on social security cannot make more than about $550.00 per month in order to keep that money coming ink? Doesn’t it worry anyone but me regarding the new money that is being made in order to do whatever the heck the government’s doing with it? It does me because they did that in Germany until money wasn’t worth the paper it was printed on. I’m scared of that!!
    Now we have people out here that are losing homes, getting robbed by our government to help us lose our homes and I don’t know about you but I’m really po’d about the people who are getting all that money to buy a new house with practically no interest. I haven’t read too much about those of us who bought our homes when they were low enough to pay for. I have heard a rumor that the government might be doing something to bring interest rates on homes down to 1% or less. I even received a prank call from my own bank saying I could apply for a new interest rate of .09%. No one but me heard about that, not even the people at my bank whose number I called to start the process. This is the reason I don’t talk to machines.
    So, I voted for Obama too and he hasn’t been the President long enough for me to make any kind of judgments regarding his actions. How the heck can any of you.
    But, like you, I’m hoping that something will ease all of our burdens even if Obama isn’t giving his constituents any government money. As for grants, I do believe it’s out there but, couldn’t the government at least make it easier for us to get to instead of allowing crooks to charge real money for Americans to find out where it’s supposed to be. I’m also really po’d because I found something that sounded plausible yesterday and now it’s gone. Great to have computers that really work.

20. I am a ex-con i have paid my dept to society by doing three in the half year in the state of Florida prison. I can honestly say that i have rehabilitated to a productive citizen. One thing I learn from the streets is ruff times and greed. People who is unfortunate go to crime just so they can satisfy there own desires. I’m not trying to justify criminal act but with this Grant the unfortunate can look forward to receive money the right way and not the wrong way.

21. Lisa says:

First of all, I would like to say kudos to James Bond. I was reading this stuff and thinking the same thing….what a bunch of illiterate idiots!! Anyone here ever heard of proof reading? Second: ok J.J. obviously you are one of those lazy bastards that uses the tax payers money a.k.a. welfare to live your pathetic life, whining and complaining about being one of the little guys and how it’s not fair and oh you have never been given your chance right? Yes, I know know you. You are everywhere I look. Yes this place is turning into a socialist play pin. You can blame who ever you want, its the government, period, although Obama sure is a piece of shit! The thing is, this country wouldn’t be what it is today or well today it’s falling to pieces but that aside, the prime movers of the world are and have been the men of the mind, the industrialists and big businesses with prosperity as their main motive for acheivement. Without them through the centuries there would be nothing. No jobs, no technology, nothing. How do you think it all came to be? Do you think they sat around whining about not being given a chance? I believe in Ayn Rand’s philosophy, “the concept of a man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral principle of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity and reason as his only absolute”. I believe in objectiivism. Men must deal with one another as traders giving value for value by free mutual consent to mutual benefit. Did you know that the only social system that truly protects individual rights is laissez-faire, capitalism? It’s the only system based on the recognition of our individual rights, including property rights, in which the only function of government is to PROTECT those rights. Objectivism rejects any form of collectivism, such as fascism or socialism. It also rejects our current “mixed economy” notion that the government should regulate the economy and redistribute wealth. I don’t beleive in a free ride. You want it, WORK FOR IT. And the bare minimum won’t work, you have to be willing to survive as well as work to achieve. Who ever said that doing something great or monumental was easy? As for all that grant money? Well I say all is fair there. If you can get some go for it. But guess what…you are still going to have to put forth the effort of writing a grant proposal and several other details that are part of the grant process. If you have the motivation to do that then perhaps you deserve a piece of the pie but you can’t have the pie and eat it too, whatever the case, you are going to have to put forth the effort and posting a sob story on some website hardly counts as effort.

22. Joey Smarter than you 16 says:

Hey James Bond,

Everyone who replied on this forum seems to have many grammatical errors in their message, however you seem to be the only one who commented on it.

I find it rather strange that you bring up those very noticeable errors, because you must keep one thing clear in mind… you boast about being 16 years old and a “senior editor” for Yahoo.com? That’s a very interesting claim!! To think that Yahoo would simply hire a 16 year old to work in a position that requires many years of relevant experience and knowledge in the field. From what I have seen so far, this does not seem to be so. How do I know this? Take a look back at your message. A (senior)editor for Yahoo.com, as you claim to be, doesn’t write a paragraph as yours, which in reality is really just a badly written 17-line run-on sentence… with grammatical errors boot.

Nice try though!! Perhaps instead of wasting your time here, you could actually get a real education as you claim to have. Suggestion for you sir: Look before you leap… the way just may be deep!! That’s my two cents!

23. KIZZE FLAVENEY says:

I AM A SINGLE PARENT OF 3 WITH A STRUGGLE IN SUPPORTING THEM, I LIVE HONEST AND TRYING TO GO TO SCHOOL TO OBTAIN A DEGREE IN NURSING.
    I WOULD REALLY LIKE IF A GRANT WAS CREATED FOR WOMEN LIKE ME. FOOD STAMPS, CHILDCARE AND ANY GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE HAS BEEN DENIED SAYING THAT I MAKE TO MUCH. ALL I WILL LIKE TO DO IS GET AN EDUCATION.
    HELP. THANKS !

24. shaun howard says:

i am an 18 year old student still in school with no where to live and no vehicle, im living with a friend and his parents, and i have no job im trying to get through highschool but with no transportation it is hard.i could really use this money to get on my feet and get a home and some kind of transpotation.

25. yourmama says:

Reading some your messages—well I cannot believe them. If you pay taxes now or in the past–what’s wrong with it coming back to you as a reward to use to better yourself. If all can work then all will be able to pay taxes to help others. There is enough for everyone. Let’s not be selfish and hate. If there is opportunity—let’s get on board to utilize it. Everyone will benefit if things are done properly and used wisely. If you are negative, please seek help. Life is too short for one to use their energy being negative. Don’t dump your anger and negativity on others. Seek help using one of the grants…it could save your child, family, co-workder, but most importantly yourself. Grow up and get a grant, if you can. Large business, churches and non-profit organizations have been getting them all along…

26. Marty says:

I lost my job in the battery industry after 12 years and I am going to lose everything. I have applied to over 100 jobs within the last 6 months and hardly anything has popped up. I would like to go to school but MichWorks is a joke. I have to wait 6 months to get in and when I finally get a a call, he says I will call you a week later and never does, I keep calling him and he never returns my call. I have done nothing wrong expect bust my but and this is what I get for it. What is wrong with this picture. I would to go to school with a free grant or Obama grant because that’s the only way to get a where now a days. I get afford to get anther payment against right now.

27. clarence w hovey says:

mr obama i need a grant to keep my business going good and pay of some company bills and fix my property that is in bad need.
    need money bad to keep payroll going we are a staffing company got some jobs comming in not cash on hand to make payroll hope we receive
    help soon thanks.

28. clarence w hovey says:

I need grant money to help keep my business going. My cash flow is bad. I need to pay off some pass do bills. Need to repair my office building. Need money to keep payroll going.I also have som medical bills that have to be paid. thans

29. Ralph Powers Jr. says:

i could use some of the stimulus money. i’m about three months behind on my credit card payments. i could really use $2,000 worth. this will totally wipe out my credit card bills and to get them stop calling me.

my current job isn’t doing so well either. i work for Kmart here in town, and if the store isn’t doing so well. if we’re not having good sales, then i don’t have a good pay check and i can’t pay off my credit card bills.

30. MS. FIERY ONE says:

I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 2 BEAUTIFUL GIRLS WITH THE INTENTION OF ONLY MAKING THEIR LIVES BETTER THAN I EVER HAD IT. I AM A WAITRESS PART TIME, NOT BY CHOICE EITHER, AND GOING TO SCHOOL FULL TIME TO OBTAIN A TWO YEAR DEGREE. I AM BEHIND ON MY CAR PAYMENTS AS WELL AS MY DAYCARE AND I AM BARELY KEEPING MY HEAD ABOVE WATER. I DO NOT RECEIVE CHILD SUPPORT BECAUSE THEIR FATHER STAYS IN HIDING TO AVOID HIS FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES. IT IS EXTREMELY HARD RIGHT NOW AND I COULD MOST CERTAINLY USE ANY FINANCIAL HELP THAT I CAN GET. PLEASE HELP. IT WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

31. GINA says:

IF YOU ARE SO SHORT SIGHTED TO THINK PRES. OBAMA, CREATED THIS MESS–ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS CHECK YOUR FACTS AGAIN. IT TAKES LONGER THAN 4 MONTHS TO SPIRAL THE ENTIRE FREE WORLD INTO FINANCIAL NEAR RUIN. BUT I THINK PRES. OBAMA IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK…because if you administrate the same way pass offices have you will get the same results—–NEW THINKING IS IN ORDER

32. sonia says:

First of all i would like to say that there are no easy rides in life. I have been threw it all. I have a disabled son as well as other children to care for. I’ve had to do it all alone and let me tell you there is no such thing as a free ride. Challenges, life is full of them. From deciding where the next meal for your children is coming from because the government, that is made for the people by the people, refuses to help you because, you are 1 dollar over the limit and unfortunately do not qualify. Times are tough. How can it be that a nation as great as ours is so quick to point the finger at others. Everyone is given the same opportunity to try hard and work harder. I can honestly say i’ve been threw it all. When it comes to government assistance, it’s nothing but red tape and a whole lot of paper work just to be told that you do not qualify for their program. One question I’ve always had on my mind. Maybe things are hard now and no one is happy about Obama, but why didn’t this great nation of ours and the people so full of opinions complain about bush and actually do something about it. We impeached Bill Clinton for getting some action but we let George Bush who had no real previous experience take our economy right to the gutters. Bill Clinton was a great president. He actually did good for this country. But leave it to the republican party to find anything wrong with him to want him out. This is ridiculous. How can we sit there and talk about Obama, he hasn’t even had enough time to prove himself yet. I won’t judge because I am not hear for that. One thing that I can say is, I’m glad the rich are loosing their stuff. Maybe they’ll learn to appreciate the hard working blue collar worker that is making them richer. Before u judge think about this… What took years for our grandparents and parents to do, just to get this economy to where it was after the great depression, it took the bush administration 8 years to distroy. Yet hear we are less than a year later crying for Obama to work a miracle. We should have impeached bush when we had the chance instead of crying over spilled milk now!!

33. lauren says:

WOW… I can’t believe how hard it is for a SINGLE woman with NO kids to try to make it through school with no help. I have so many damn loans but NO Help. This world is taught that if you just have some kids you will get ALL THE HELP YOU NEED FOR THE GOVERNMENT. WHAT A SHAME.

34. florida says:

Did anyone mention that Obama have to first clean up Bush shit that he fucked up in this Country first before we can really see what he is really bringing to the table. Give the man a chance to get us out of the mess Bush left us in.

35. uhater says:

AT THE END OF THE DAY.. ITS RACISM THE GOVERMENT’S BIGGEST SECRET.. YES PICK ON OBAMA CAUSE YOUR MAD A BLACK MAN IS IN OFFICE.. WHY DIDN’T YOU BOO HOO ABOUT DIRTY OLD BUSH AND ALL THE PROBLEMS HE BROUGHT OBAMA TO DEAL WITH!!! WAKE UP YOU BROUGHT US HERE AND NOW WE STAY!!! HATER’SSSSS

36. S Illinois says:

There are many illegal immigrants that screwed up this country…many Mexicans with too many kids who can’t afford to feed them. Too bad this country has become a welfare magnet for them and others.

37. PCB says:

uhater,

What a typical “monkey say, monkey do” response.

You are a perfect example of stimulus money going to waste!

Your attitude is obviously, Give me, give me, give me…..

I’ll be more than happy to give you a one-way ticket from where you came-

However, I’m sure it would go to hair extensions, liquor, and cigs!

You’re a loser!

38. CH66 says:

After reading all of the submissions, I think people on both sides of the boat need to go back to school. Stop whining about who is doing what to you and learn to spell, construct a sentence, form a paragraph, CAPITALIZE! Maybe after you have had your English lessons, someone would be happy to hire you. It is really hard to take a person seriously who doesn’t even capitalize President Obama!

It really doesn’t matter who did what. Our government has lost its way, and the people let them. We are all to blame. Get off the soapboxes and chopping blocks and do something to help! If you can hire someone for minimum wage out of your pocket money, do it. If someone needs help with school, help them. Rich or poor, none of these issues will be solved until we all become a UNITED States of America again.

39. Cara says:

I think this is shitty… they are giving help to lowerclass people who dont know how to use a fing condom and are the ones who made themselves lower class in the first place… and people like me who are 21, own my own condo, own my own car (with loans of course) and work full time, go to school full time and dont get any fing help from the gov… and we bought our condo 3 mo before the 8000 tax credit…I dont understand why it is that people who work the hardest seem to get screwed the most….

40. Kenneth says:

Cara,
    Make sure you ask that very same question to all your friends that are your age who probably voted for Obama and are Democrats. You have learned early and are seeing first hand what Democrats do: they try to redistribute money to the so called poor which means raising taxes and taking it from those that are working hard. They can always get away with it becuase there are so many pathethic people in this country who want something for nothing and are glad to take money from the people who actually work. This country is going down the shitter very quickly and Obama is leading the way. Democrats LOVE power and telling you what to do with YOUR money.

41. Miss W says:

I too am a single mother of 3, and despite what others on this BLOG are saying, I`m not looking for someone to take care of me and my 3 children, but just a little help to get started on a right path so i can CONTINUE to do it myself without the struggle. Those of you who were born with a platinum spoon in your hand and a platinum platter to eat off of will NEVER know what its like to struggle. Its not that thats all we know. Thats all we were offered. It sounds easy to just go out and get a job, But being a black person Tauriea Williams will not get a call back before Mary Johnson. Do you get it? We can`t help it. NOONE can! Grants are for people like me so in the future my kids won`t need them.

42. Miss Lisa says:

FOR ALL YOU NUMBS NUTS, FIRST OF ALL BUSH DIDN’T DO CRAP, AND OBAMA SURE AS HELL AINT DOING CRAP. LETS FACE IT SOMEBODY HAD TO BE VOTED TO SIT THEIR CRAPPY BUTT IN THE WHITE HOUSE, EVERYONE THAT RUNS FOR PRESIDENCY IS FAKE, THEY SEEM AS IF THEY CAN MAKE THE WORLD CHANGE IN JUST A QUICK HEART BEAT. EITHER WAY WE ALWAYS VOTE FOR SOMEONE, AND AT THE END WE ALWAYS CRUMBLE. ALL IM SAYING IT DOESN’T MATTER WHO IN OFFICE, REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRATE. IT’S THE SAME SHIT, SO GROW THE F UP AND DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE. EVERYONE WANTS TO BLAME BUSH AND OTHERS WANT TO BLAME OMBAMA, YOU THINK THEY ACTUALLY MESSED UP AMERICAN. WE THE PEOPLE SO F—ING ARROGANT, GREEDY AND TWO FACED, WE DRIVE BIG GUZZLING TRUCKS, BMW DRIVERS PRACTICALLY ALWAYS RUN SOMEBODY OFF THE ROAD BECAUSE BMW DRIVERS THINK THEY OWN THE STREETS.WE BUY CAR WE CANT AFFORD, HOUSES, MAX OUT CREDIT CARDS..ETC RICH STUCK UP PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEIR MONEY AND SHOVE IT UP THEIR BUTT INSTEAD OF HELPING THE POOR… THE LIST GOES ON. I AM AMERICAN, AND I SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHER AMERICANS DO. PLEASE PEOPLE WE ARE JUST TOO F—ING GREEDY SO PLEASE SHUT THE F UP ALREADY.

ECONOMIC IS NOTHING BECAUSE OF US. ENOUGH SAID

43. An American, not a Republican,not a Democrat says:

I can’t believe how many of you people who have responded just blame it on one President or one Party. Example: Kenneth “Democrats LOVE power and telling you what to do with YOUR money.” You are probably saying that only because you are a Republican and your parents are Republican and you live in a conservative neighborhood.

Please everyone check PolitFact.com which has no bias but tells the progress of current political events. In any case, there are many people in the United States of America and the poor DO need our help, the rich DO need to stop getting tax cuts and the hard working “middle class” need a break every now and then. It’s only fair, patriotic and American that we try and even people out. Many people can afford to help.

Also, there are so many people with different views on things, no ONE President or Congress can satisfy them all. Try to think of everyone as a whole, we are all Americans and we all have a right to the freedoms in our History that we fought for. The way our Government runs is one of those freedoms. We are using it to the best we can in any year, day and situation past or present. All sides have to compromise in some way. Lying, and spreading rumors is not good for America, it just postpones change and democracy. Please use your own brains and don’t just read into the commercial propaganda and the anger that everyone here seems to share. We are all trying to make USA a better place. Why can’t we start acting like it?

44. Patti carter-leggett says:

I would use the money to pay off the hospital bills I have since Jan.2009. I had a ten pound tumor removed and now I owe the hospital $20,000. Oh yeah I did not have insurance cause it is way to expensvise

45. Harold Smith says:

I am currently out of work. I don’t qualify for unemployment insurance due to being disquaified from my job due to alleged poor performance. I visited my doctor and it was recommended that I have a MRI. The MRI revealed that I had had a series of mini-stokes that attributed to forgetfulness. At this point, I am doing everything possible to maintain my health and spirit. Hence, I decided I would put in for retirement and look for a part-time job. I am requesting grant money to maintain paying of my bills, until such time I receive my retirement and obtain a job to ofset my bills. Peace and Blessings

46. Lisa says:

Okay first of all ,Joey Smarter than you 16, I totally caught onto that too as I was reading James Bonds’ reply. What an idiot…. His whole message was a huge sentence with seven hundred commas. Second of all, to all of those people on welfare, I was too at one time. When I first had my son I got food stamps and medicaid and it helped. But I didn’t look at it as a permanent fix. I got a better job, quit getting the help, bought a house, went back to school all on my own. You don’t have to have welfare permantly. It really ticks me off because welfare was made to help people get back on their feet not to use and abuse as most people do. Quit feeling sorry for yourselves. If you truly want to do something with your life all you have to do is do it. Like I said, I work at a bank full-time and part time at a tanning salon, I have a son and my own house and car, I go to school full-time while mainting a 4.0 gpa and have been on the dean’s list every quarter since I’ve been there(5). Things are possible people you just have to go out and do it and stop feeling sorry for yourselves and waiting for the government to give you free money which you for some reason think you are owed. Get over it and get a life.

47. Lisa says:

Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention that I have accomplished that all by the age of 21… and no I don’t come from money at all. I came from a lower middle class family and have worked my ass off for everything that I have.

48. Nicholle says:

OMG everyone who is saying that this grant money is a bad idea, and shitting on our president are assholes! I guess its really hard for you too understand what its like to be from the other side. Most people who are in poverty or close to poverty were born in poverty and were raised around poverty. Very few people make it out of this cycle and you have the nerve to criticize people who need help. Go screw yaself!! I pray that when you are in desperate need that someone finds it in there heart to help you. Where would this world be if people didnt help each other!

49. GardenGirl says:

Personally, I’m 50 and our kids are up and out now. I’m a nurse but haven’t worked in 15 years and want to go into medical billing and coding.
    If there’s money out there and it’ll pay for me to go to school, hell, I’ll take it.
    Why not? That’s what he went off and set is aside for.

Oh, on another note. There are the occasional story of someone breaking out of poverty and into financial success, but for the most part, people don’t. Therefore we have a ‘dumber’ America. The only way to smarten up a society is to help them, that is assuming one has a loftier goal in mind. Obama does. The short run involves programs that make Repub’s hair curl, but the long run involves an educated citizenry who can again be a player in the global world instead of the mockery we have become.
    I voted for Obama, and am happy I did.
    GG

50. Angie Montero says:

I really need money for school.I’m on the verge of having to drop out because I don’t have anybody with good credit to cosign a loan for me and I have no one to help me out with the payments. I really need to know how to apply for one of these grants in California so I can stay in school.